WhatsApp, which is a widely used messaging platform, is introducing a game-changing feature that will allow users to log into their WhatsApp account on multiple devices. This much-awaited update aims to simplify staying connected across devices by making it easier for users to maintain their chats. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the benefits of WhatsApp’s multiple device log-in, how it works, its advantages for business owners, and how to use the current linked devices feature.
WhatsApp Multiple Device Log-in: A Seamless Messaging Experience
The new WhatsApp update aims to provide a seamless messaging experience by enabling users to link their phone as one of up to four additional devices, similar to when connecting with WhatsApp on web browsers, tablets, and desktops. Each linked phone will connect independently to WhatsApp, ensuring end-to-end encryption for personal messages, media, and calls. If the primary device remains inactive for an extended period, WhatsApp will automatically log the user out of all companion devices.
Perks for Business Owners
Business owners, in particular, can benefit from WhatsApp’s multiple device log-in feature. It allows multiple team members to access the same WhatsApp Business account simultaneously and respond to customers directly. This streamlined access to the account can lead to quicker response times and improved customer satisfaction, proving advantageous for businesses.
Alternative Device Linking: A Convenient Solution
In addition to the multiple device log-in feature, WhatsApp is also working on an alternative method for linking companion devices. Soon, users will be able to enter their phone number on WhatsApp Web, receive a one-time code, and use it on their phone for device linking instead of scanning a QR code. This convenient solution is expected to be introduced to more companion devices in the future.
To make the most of WhatsApp’s new multiple device log-in feature, follow these simple steps to use the linked devices feature:
To set up and use WhatsApp on multiple devices, follow these steps:
- Ensure the latest version of WhatsApp is installed on your phone from the Google Play Store.
- Open WhatsApp, tap the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner, and select “Linked Devices.”
- Choose “Link a Device” and verify your identity using your fingerprint or device pattern/pin unlock.
- Grant WhatsApp access to your phone’s camera if needed.
- Open WhatsApp Web on your PC or use the desktop app.
- Scan the QR code shown on the page using your phone.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the “Settings” tab in the lower-right corner.
- Open “Linked Devices” and select “Link a Device.”
- Authenticate your identity with Face ID or fingerprint.
- Open web.whatsapp.com or the WhatsApp desktop app.
- Scan the QR code.
To unlink a device from your WhatsApp account, follow these steps:
- Open the “Linked Devices” menu on WhatsApp for Android.
- Tap any device name to unlink it and confirm your selection by selecting “Log out” from the dialog box that appears.
- Go to the “Linked Devices” menu in WhatsApp for iOS.
- Select a linked device and tap “Log Out” from the following menu.
When linking a device, your primary phone sends an end-to-end encrypted copy of your recent message history to the linked device, which is stored locally on the desktop. Note that not all messages and chats will be synced to the linked device, and you will need to use WhatsApp on your primary phone to see or search your entire chat history.
The introduction of WhatsApp’s multiple device log-in feature is a welcome update that offers users an enhanced messaging experience. This easy-to-use feature not only simplifies maintaining chats but also effectively manages WhatsApp Business accounts across multiple devices. With the update rolling out to all users, now is the perfect time to familiarize yourself with this new feature and elevate your WhatsApp experience.
I'm a programmer, photographer, and proud parent. With a passion for coding and a love of capturing life's moments through my camera lens, I'm always on the lookout for new challenges and opportunities to grow. As a dedicated parent, I understand the importance of balancing work and family, and I strive to be the best version of myself in all aspects of my life.