If you are running multiple blogs and for some reason you don’t want to show your name in author field, Then this Blogger hack is for you. Though the topic looks very simple , but most don’t know how do this. So in this tutorial , I will explain how to remove the author name and link from default Blogger blogs. In addition to that I will also tell you the code which retrieves the author name in Blogger.
How to Remove Author Name from Blogger Templates
Just follow the simple steps to remove the author link from Default Blogger Blogs.
- Go to Blogger dashboard and navigate to Layout page
- Now there you can see a EDIT button under “Blog posts” page element. Click it !
- When you click that button , you new window pop up. There you need to uncheck “posted by” option.
- That’s it. Now click save and you are done.
In this way you can also enable or disable some of the junks present in default blogger templates.
Removing / adding code to Custom Blogger templates
It’s very easy to enable or disable the author link in default blogger templates. But it’s not the case for users who are using custom blogger templates. Even if you have unchecked that box , sometimes the author name and link may still appear. If you want to remove that fully from your blogger template , then follow the below instructions.
- Go to Edit HTML sub tab in your blogger template.
- Put a check on Expand template widgets box
- Now search for the following code by pressing ctrl+F in keyboard : <data:post.author/>
- Remove that code and preview
- Now save the template. The author name will no longer appear in your Blogger blog
You need to do this in all your blogger blogs.
Tips for Blogger Theme designers
I know the blogger theme designers know these things very well. But I would like to give them a tip. You guys can use this tag <data:post.author/> to retrieve the author name. If you want to show the authors name below the post , all you need to do is just place that code in post footer.
You can even use this hack for sharing Adsense revenue in Blogger Blogs. I will discuss this soon with you all in my next post.