Mount and Install Windows 7 from Bootable USB or DVD Drive
Windows 7 being the Microsoft’s finest Operating system has got lot of features which other versions of windows lacked. If you have been using Windows 7 already , you will be really amazed with the rapid performance and GUI. Formatting Windows 7 or Installing a fresh windows 7 is not a quite easy job. If you sort help from some system engineers , then you need to pay minimum 100$ for them. Even if you want to try some DIY tutorial available on net , you may get confused or frightened with the command prompt commands. So in order to make your job easier , Microsoft has introduced a new Tool which helps users to format their windows 7 straight from their USB drives.
Microsoft Windows 7 bootable USB utility
Microsoft released a small utility to create Windows 7 bootable USB/DVD called “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool”. Though this tool is just 2.7 MB size , but still its very powerful enough to create bootable USB drives. You can get the windows 7 USB/DVD download Tool from the Microsoft page itself.
Let’s see how to Make a USB drive to Format/install windows 7.
- First Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
- When you are prompted to either save the file to disk or run it, choose Run.
- Follow the steps in the setup dialogs. You’ll have the option to specify where to install the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool and whether to create shortcuts on your Start Menu or Windows Desktop.
You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool on. The tool requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher.
Using the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
Before you run the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool, make sure that you have already purchased Windows 7 ISO download from Microsoft Store and have downloaded the Windows 7 ISO file to your hard drive. If you have purchased Windows 7 but have not yet downloaded the ISO file, you can download the file from your Microsoft Store Account.
To make a copy of your Windows 7 ISO file:
1. Click the Windows Start button, and click Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool in the All Programs list to open the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool.
2. In the Source File box, type the name and path of your Windows 7 ISO file, or click Browse and select the file in the Open dialog box.
3. If you want to create a boot able USB flash drive, select your USB device in the dropdown list and click Begin Copying or if you want to create a boot able DVD, click Begin burning.
4. If you choose to create a boot able USB then click on “Begin Copying” button. Now you’ll be prompted to format the USB device. In the dialog box Click Erase USB Device.
When your Windows 7 ISO file is copied onto your chosen media, you can install Windows 7 by navigating to the root of your DVD or USB flash drive and double-clicking Setup.exe.
You may make one copy of the ISO file on a disc, USB flash drive or other media in order to install the software on a computer. Once you have installed the software on a computer, the license terms that accompany the software apply to your use of the software and replace these terms. The license terms for Windows 7, once accepted, permit you to make one copy of the software as a back-up copy for re-installation on the licensed computer. If you do not delete the copy of the ISO file you made to install the software on your computer, then the copy of the ISO file constitutes your back-up copy. So now you can easily Install Windows 7 right from your Portable USB drive or DVD.